Montage Education DigitalBridge Program
Montage DigitalBridge is a digital divide solution, which partners wireless carriers and telecom service providers with schools and organization partners to provide better opportunities for students to gain access to computing devices and Wi-Fi access.
The initiative is a national program aimed at helping those in under-served environments get access to 21st century learning tools and resources.
We invite you to explore the opportunity to work with us in disrupting the digital divide!
Program Details | Program Offer |
Eligibility Criteria | Your Responsilibity | Apply Now
T-Mobile EmpowerEd Program Details
Many families in the U.S. don’t have high-speed Internet at home. This problem is called the Digital Divide. But to succeed academically and compete
in today’s digital world, every student needs equal access to online learning. Without this access, disconnected students can fall behind their
wired peers, creating the Homework Gap.
Mobile access has the power to close the Homework Gap. T-Mobile plans to narrow the divide with EmpowerED™, a program that provides wireless
devices and service plans to help students and schools succeed.
T-Mobile EmpowerEd Program Offering
EmpowerED Mobile Equipment includes:
- Free mobile Internet devices ranging in value from $80 to $200; or
- A subsidy of up to $200 per mobile Internet device, for devices over $200.
EmpowerED Mobile Data Plans include:
- Two-year contracts for one of the following discounted education data plans:
- 2GB for $10: Up to 2GB of high-speed data, followed by data at reduced speeds up to 128kbps. T-Mobile will waive the $10 service charge
for the 2GB plan for the applicants that demonstrate the highest need. T-Mobile will award a limited number of waivers at its sole
- T‑Mobile ONE Unlimited LTE for $20: Unlimited on-device 4G LTE data.
Video typically streams on T-Mobile device at DVD quality (480p). On all T-Mobile plans, the small fraction of customers using over 50GB/mo. may
notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Tethering at max 3G speeds. Sales tax and regulatory fees included
in monthly service price.
EmpowerED Service and Support includes:
- Planning, implementation, and deployment support.
- T-Mobile’s Web Guard content filter, which helps prevent access to adult content.
Students and their families will not be required to pay any money for devices and/or wireless service received through this program.
T‑Mobile is now accepting applications from elementary, middle, and high schools, and districts across the U.S. The criteria for participation
in this program are:
- Individual schools targeted to receive funding have Title 1 designation.
- At least 40% of students receive free or reduced lunch at each school.
- Each school is located in an area where T‑Mobile has 4G LTE coverage over at least 80% of the school’s geographic enrollment zone. T‑Mobile
will validate eligibility for this requirement; to see coverage in your area please check coverage map.
- At least 15% or more of students are dropping out of high school (aggregate for all high schools if a school district is applying).
- At least 15% of students are not grade-level proficient in math and reading by the 9th grade (aggregate for all high schools if a school district
T‑Mobile will select participants based on the criteria, application, and the interview described under “How to apply.”
T‑Mobile is committed to the success of this program, and that means measuring impact. If your school district is approved, T‑Mobile will work
with you to collect data from all students with access to off-campus mobile broadband access.
Your school district will need to:
- Commit to training relevant teachers and administrators on how best to utilize the devices and service.
- Provide annual aggregated data by grade level at each school, including ELA proficiency, math proficiency, and tardiness/attendance. Your school’s
current data collection process and metrics are sufficient. T-Mobile is not asking for new metrics that are not already part of your reporting
- Conduct two anonymous online surveys, created by T-Mobile, about student technology usage with students and teachers. The first survey will
be administered prior to the student receiving access and the second will be held at the end of the school year.
Contact us to see if your school qualifies for this offer.