Middlebury Interactive Languages: World Languages and ELL program to drive student engagement and achievement!
This week, Montage Education is pleased to present one of our partner solutions that has been making a significant impact on ELL students and their ability to achieve academic success. Middlebury Interactive’s new ELL curriculum helps to close the achievement gap and enhance the ELL offerings in your school or district. Currently being piloted in Hartford Public Schools, the program intends to make a significant impact on the academic achievement of ELL student population. Let us work with your school or district to explore this incredible supplemental resource!
Middlebury Interactive Languages’ new program for English Language Learners is made up of supplemental blended instructional modules that allow students in grades 4-5 and 6-8 to learn the fundamentals of academic English using a project based learning
approach that relates to English Language Arts, Social Sciences, and Science!
Key elements of the program:
- Designed to help students accelerate their English language learning.
- Modules are designed at grade level and feature age-appropriate themes specifically designed to engage elementary and middle school students.
- Focus is on academic English, critical thinking, reading to build vocabulary and developing communication skills through listening, speaking and writing.
- ELL modules feature task-based activities and engaging curricular themes that are applicable to real-world settings, all aligning with Common Core and WIDA standards.
- Extensive professional development to support school teachers with a successful ELL module implementation.
- Mandatory professional development includes pre-recorded webinars prior to the launch of the program and for ongoing support.
- Common Core State Standards
- WIDA – The World-class Instructional Design and Assessment consortium has members from 36 U.S. State
- CA ELD Standards – The California Department of Education’s English Language Development Standards
- TX ELPS Standards- The Texas Education Agency’s English Language Proficiency Standards (integrated with TEKS)
- ELPA21 – The English Language Proficiency Assessment for the 21st Century is a group of states that produce tests to measure the language development
of ELL students. It includes 10 states: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Washington, and West Virginia.